BCPE Brochure (pdf) - Provides a brief overview of BCPE certification.
BCPE Certification Requirements (pdf) - Provides a brief overview of BCPE certification requirements and fees.
BCPE Corporate Structure (pdf) - Provides directorship and officer information for BCPE since incorporation.
BCPE Core Competencies 2019 (pdf) - Identifies the tasks needed to demonstrate competence for BCPE certification and provides the framework for BCPE exam content.
BCPE Candidate Handbook (pdf) - A comprehensive guide spanning the history of BCPE; current certification process; and examination procedures.
BCPE Value of Certification White Paper (pdf) - Potential employment benefits and job market edge for certified professionals.
BCPE COI Nondisclosure Statement (pdf) - Conflict of Interest/Non-Disclosure Agreement Form.
Special Notice - Effective 10/11/21: Our online application wizard is being updated, but you can still apply! Email your application & any related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will invoice you directly for payment of the application fee.
BCPE Associate Application (docx)(Chrome users contact the BCPE Office) applicants who meet the Educational requirements but not the Work requirement and Work Samples (AEP, AHFP or AUXP certification).
BCPE Associate to Professional Application (docx)(Chrome users contact the BCPE Office)- Application form for transitioning from Associate to Professional Certification (AEP, AHFP or AUXP certification to CPE, CHFP or CUXP certification).
BCPE Certification - Educational Requirements
BCPE Educational Requirements (pdf) - Provides information to help assess course relevance or insight on courses that may be needed.
BCPE Credit Hour Conversion Grid (pdf) - Conversion grid for calculating semester, quarter or continuing education units to credit hours.
*Note that as a certification body, BCPE does not review, sponsor, endorse or provide any educational training, coursework or program.
HFES Educational Resources The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society has assembled a listing of Educational Resources including degree courses, certificate courses or individual continuing-education courses. This list may not be comprehensive and may have inaccuracies.
HFE Online/Distance Learning Resources A listing of known HFE online/distance learning opportunities.
UC Berkeley COEH Continuing Ed Ergonomics Courses, Online, asynchronous, instructor-led, continuing education courses taught by professors and practitioners through the Center for Occupational and Environmental Health Continuing Education Program, UC Berkeley, and the UC Ergonomics Research & Graduate Training Program.
UC Davis Environmental Health & Safety Summer Extension Courses, Health and Safety continuing and professional education courses, University of California, Davis.
Usability.gov, Leading resource for user experience (UX) best practices and guidelines, serving practitioners and students in the government and private sectors.
Continuing Education Webinars
Applied Ergonomics Conference GOErgo Webinar Series, produced by AEC. Free 60 minute webinars.
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Webinar Series, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
ErgoExpo Webinar Series, produced by National Ergonomics Conference and Expo. Free 60 minute webinars.
Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers Webinars, Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers.
ASPHP Webinars and Educational Events, Association of Safe Patient Handling Professionals (ASPHP).
UCLA Ergonomics Online Webinar Series, 2020 UCLA/ UC Irvine – Southern California Educational and Research Center, CA.
2021 BCPE Sample Questions and Answers (pdf) - Sample exam questions and answers similar to the questions on the BCPE exam.
2019 BCPE Core Competencies (pdf) - Identifies the tasks needed to demonstrate competence for BCPE certification and provides the framework for BCPE exam content.
Test Development methodologies (pdf) - Overview of the exam development process.
BCPE Exam References to help you prepare (pdf) - Suggested study references to help prepare for the exam.
Exam Preparation Courses
Ergonomics International LLC, A preparation course for the BCPE exam, offered online by a couple of our Certified Professionals. Includes instructor-led webinars and independent study.
CPEprep, Version 3, DataChem Software. Practice questions and answers for purchase.
BCPE CoC FAQs (pdf) - Answers to frequently asked questions about the continuance of certification process.
BCPE CoC Audit Notes (pdf) - Guidelines for CoC point credit and documentation required for audit procedure.
Here is the BCPE newsletter archive:
1993 - 1999
- BCPE Newsletter Fall 1993 part 1.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall 1993 part 2.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 1994.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer-Fall 1995.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 1995.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 1996.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 1997.pdf (big file!)
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 1997.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall 1997.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 1998.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 1999.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer-Fall 1999.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 1999.pdf
2000 - 2009
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2000.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 2001.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2001.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 2001.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 2002.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer-Fall 2003.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Winter 2003.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 2004.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2005.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 2006.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring 2007.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2008.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2009.pdf
2010 - 2019
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2010.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2011.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2012.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall 2013.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Summer 2014.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall 2014.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2015.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall-Winter 2015.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2016.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall-Winter 2016.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2017.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall-Winter 2017.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2018.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall-Winter 2018.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Spring-Summer 2019.pdf
- BCPE Newsletter Fall-Winter 2019.pdf
2020 - 2029